Public Safety Dive Services offers a wide range of public safety diving courses that cover entry to advanced levels. The courses are designed to give the public safety diver the necessary tools to safely function as part of a public safety dive team. All courses offered at Public Safety Dive Services are OSHA and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) compliant which meet and exceed all three levels of the NFPA guidelines (awareness, operations, and technician). At a minimum, we employee ERD emergency response diving) public safety diving course instruction with advanced PSDS curriculum.
We can also customize our PSDS courses to meet your department’s needs.
PSDS believes in making strong, safety conscious divers that understand the physical demands that are put on public safety divers. We can take you from basic open water through to advanced leadership courses. Get trained the right way, the first time!
Public Safety Diver Technician Level I
This course is designed to provide information and hands-on training to students/team members who may need to respond to a public safety dive operation. Either and rescue or recovery mode. Our public safety dive one course prepares your awareness, operational and technicians for effective rescues. Learn the most effective, safest, state-of-the-art procedures. Our public safety dive operational level I and level II technician courses meet NFPA 1670/1006. Our public safety dive rescue programs utilize the most up-to-date rescue equipment in the industry.
This course is Colorado State P.O.S.T. approved.
- 18 years old
- Should be a member of an Emergency First Response group
- Must be a good swimmer, in good health and comfortable working in the
- CPR / AED / O2 / First Aid Certified.
Awareness, Operational and Technician Level courses are for emergency response personnel who may be first on the scene of a swift water emergency. First responders at the awareness level are expected to recognize the presence of hazardous conditions, protect themselves, secure the area, and call for additional resources, activate an emergency plan, assess conditions and attempt a reach or throw rescue, or contact rescue.
Upon successful completion of this course, divers may engage in basic public safety diving activities without direct supervision. Graduates may also participate in limited application recovery/rescue operations, providing that:
- PSD 1 operates under the supervision of a team supervisor
- Operations are limited to 60 feet in depth
- Operations are conducted in conditions consistent with his/her training
- Dive profiles are within no decompression limits
Basics to Instructor Level Course
- Open Water Diver, Rescue Diver, Advanced Diver, Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, Instructor
Public Safety Diving Specialty Instruction
- Public Safety Dry Suit Operations/Technician
- Public Safety Full Face Operations/Technician
- Public Safety Contaminated Water Diving
- Under Water Crime Scene Investigations
- Under Water Explosive Recovery Operations/Technician
- Under Water Threat Assessment Operations/Technician
- Public Safety Small Boat Operations/Technician
- Surface Supplied Air Operations/Technician
- Scientific Diver programs that meet AAUS standards
Public Safety Diver Participation Programs
This entry level emergency response diving course is designed to give the public safety diver the fundamental skills needed to safely function as part of a public safety dive team. ERD l is OSHA, STATE and NFPA compliant.
Topics covered are:
- Recreational vs. Public Safety Diving
- Problem Solving
- Tending Skills
- Search Patterns
- Evidence Handling
- Victim Recovery
- Decontamination Procedures
- Minimize costly equipment mistakes
The ERD Level II course enables the public safety diver to develop detailed working knowledge and advanced skills in emergency response diving. Our ERD II course utilizes dry suits and full face masks as part of the dive operation. A must have class for any dive team member.
- Dry Suit Utilization
- Full Face Mask Utilization
- Redundant Air Utilization
- In-depth search calculations
- Air Consumption calculations
- Tender search profiling
- Court Ready Documentation procedures
Do what we do! Join the PSDS team! If you think you have what it takes and would like to become
a PSDS/ERDI instructor then lets chat. You may want to consider coming to the PSDS Academy for your Instructor Development Course. Let our professionals teach you so you can teach others. Inquire about our PSDS Academy and Instructor programs.