A ll rescue personnel need to be prepared for imminent high water danger! Are
your department’s personnel trained to save themselves? Will they be ready,
competent and able to assist during an emergency swiftwater rescue response?
PSDS teaches fire, law and search and rescue departments with the most current
rescue methods available. PSDS courses meet and exceed NFPA, OSHA, P.O.S.T. and
individual STATE standards. In addition, our water operation programs meet and exceed NFPA 1670,1006, 1952 and 1983 standards.
• Pre-plan response area
• Coordinating with mutual aid departments
• Write an effective SOP and SOG
• Understand when “No Go” is appropriate
• Boat-based rescue operations
• Calculating water speed – CFS,CFM and KNOTS
• Safe patient handling techniques
• Bridge rescue operations
• Spinal board usage
• Medical considerations
• Agency coordination
For more information CLICK HERE.